Thursday 11 September 2014

Live NFL - Pittsburgh Steelers at Baltimore Ravens 1.25am Sky Sports

Capping the Ravens; my least favourite job with my least favourite team.

It's difficult to know how the Ray Rice issue will play here, but as it stands, I like the Steelers. 

Baltimore's pass rush was poor last week and Big Ben has a decent balance on offense. I expect the Ravens to have sharpened up for this one - and the right side of the Pittsburgh O line collapsed last time out, so it won't be a walk in the park, but Roethlisberger is tough enough to stay upright and find Antonio Brown and his supporting cast deep against a patchy secondary.

Ben has Le'Veon Bell in the backfield and he's looking good (running and catching) and I'm not convinced by the interior of the Baltimore defensive line. The Ravens played off coverage all day in the last game and that'll let Pittsburgh move the ball up the field if they try it tonight.

Pittsburgh's pass rush didn't exactly light it up last week too, but the Ravens' offense is a work in progress and Flacco can be horrible under pressure - it's not like he has a strong backfield to relieve the pressure. I expect Flacco to have a rough night.

I'll buy the key number.

Pick: Pittsburgh Steelers +3 @ 1.8

Pick: 1st TD Le'Veon Bell @ 8.5
Pick: Anytime TD Antonio Brown @ 2.2

No comments:

Post a Comment