Friday 14 October 2011

MLB - Milwaukee at St. Louis

Saturday October 15th 1am
ESPN America

This should go over in a hurry, but it doesn’t help that I hate betting the overs and last night’s 3 for 20 RISP ruined breakfast.

Greinke is 5-6 with a 4.70 ERA on the road and got hit hard last time out against the Cardinals, giving up 6 earned runs on 8 hits and has a 6.35 ERA L3.

I like Garcia, and I’ve invested in him a couple of times in the post-season, only to lose. He has good stuff, but tends to fall over and have a bad inning that blows the game – and my money! His numbers L3 are even worse than Greinke’s, at 1.47/7.80 WHIP/ERA, but his stats save him at home, where he’s 9-5 with a 2.63 ERA.

Garcia needs to get it done tonight, because the St. Louis’ bullpen has been hanging on for grim life to keep them in the aeries (their starters have gone 7.13 ERA in the series, while their relievers have put up a 2.08 ERA) and the cardinals have to go to Miller Park ahead.

The Brewers won their first post-season road game since 1982 last night, but I’m going to give Garcia another go; this Milwaukee lineup is hitting .253 against him (St. Louis are hitting .284 against Greinke) and I take him to get it done. I'll save it on the overs.

Pick: Cardinals @ 1.8; -125; 4/5
Pick: Over 7.5 @ 2.00; 100; Evens

No comments:

Post a Comment